Whether you are a dedicated athlete wanting to maximize performance for a competition, a “Weekend Warrior” who plays hard skiing, rowing, cycling or running but then suffers when they get back to their day job, or a person who finds pain limiting them from having the active lifestyle they desire, our sport massage services are guaranteed to increase both your performance and enjoyment of your sport.
Oceana Massage offers brings more than a decade of experience to the table that allows us to adapt our approach to the unique needs of each athlete. Regular massage is proven to enhance the training and performance of athletes at all levels while treating or preventing injury.
Sport Massage Uses & Benefits:
Our sport massage services provide the following benefits:
- Treat Injuries – massage restores blood flow and mobility to injured muscle tissue, supporting and speeding healing.
- Prevent injuries – massage decreases tightness and increases flexibility, decreasing the likelihood of injury.
- Improve Flexibility & Reduce Tightness – Regular massage helps you to work out the inevitable knots and tightness that result from training and exercise, helping you to retain and increase flexibility and performance over the long term.
- Decrease Pain – Whether it is running mileage that causes you IT band aches and hip flexor pains, or shoulder and back pain from Dragon Boat racing, tennis, or hanging out on the climbing wall, our years of experience allow us to target the areas your body needs to have worked on to ease your pain both immediately and over time.
- Improve Sleep – Sport-related muscle tension, back pain, and leg cramps cause pain that interrupt sleep, impeding both performance and recovery. Regular massage after training or competition keeps muscles relaxed, allowing your body to get the sleep it needs to fully benefit from your training.
- Increase Performance – Massage increases flexibility, reduces pain, improves bloodflow to muscles, and aids recovery – all of which contribute to improved athletic performance and enhanced overall health.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
If you are active on a regular basis, then sport massage needs to be something that you also commit to on a regular basis to prevent injury, and experience the full benefit of your training routine. In your initial session with us, our skilled therapists will assess the activities you do, the issues you are having, and your performance goals and tailor the best treatment for you at that session. We will also provide you with recommendations as to the timing and frequency of ongoing treatments to best support your goals. Depending on your needs, we do offer a number of packages to save you money.
I’ve been to see Susan of Oceana Massage several times over the past few years. Every visit is a treat!!! Susan is great with relaxation massages as well as deeper tissue sports massage; which can be pretty intense. Every time I leave – I feel totally rejuvenated. Whether you have a sore neck/back from leaning over your desk at work; or your muscles are screaming from the gym or whatever other crazy stuff you do – Susan will fix it. If you haven’t had a massage for a while – treat yourself!
I would like to thank you for your warm professionalism and excellent service. As soon as I entered the front doors of Oceana massage I was greeted with your vibrant smile and pleasing energy, I felt very at ease and enjoyed the calm nature of your facility.
You took great care in making sure I was in a peaceful state of mind before commencing with the massage. The scented room and soothing music put my racing mind at ease and you really made me appreciate the little things that made this such a fantastic experience.
From the hot towels you used to sooth my aching body, to your excellent awareness of all my muscles that needed attention, you made sure that I was going to leave feeling like a million bucks.
After just two sessions with you, my body was functioning with less aches, and my stressed muscles were rejuvenated. I would recommend your massage in a heartbeat.
I was very concerned about my shin splints acting up during the Tough Mudder Race. I came int o see you a day before the race and you applied the necessary techniques to ensure that my shins would endure the impact of the race. Wow, I was totally shocked that I didn’t feel pain in my shins one bit for the 17 km. of running in that crazy rain. Thank you so much Susan.
It wasn’t just a massage, it was very important for my well being. For the rest of the day I was breathing more efficiently and my body was free of any aches and pains.
Great job, Susan!