Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~ Author Unknown.
Mother’s Day is almost upon us and as an Italian, family is very special to me, especially my mother’s love. This time of year I think about her more than I normally do and remember all the things she has done for me and most of all, the way she always makes me feel so loved.
Are you a mother, or about to become one, or have more than one mother in your life? I have some ideas to make your mother feel special this Mother’s Day, from alone time to a regular relaxation massage:
- Give her some space. All year long she takes care of the family and household while balancing her work and activities. She must be so tired. Why not take the kids out for the afternoon so she can unwind at home? And before you leave, run her a nice hot bath.
- Put it in pictures. It’s one thing to scroll through Facebook to see the family highlights onscreen. It’s another to have it in a custom made photo book. It is a wonderful and personal gift that she can treasure and look at any time. You can choose the pictures and personalise it with your notes and fun anecdotes.
- Ask her what she would really like to do. Maybe she wants to try horse-back riding, or kayaking or has always wanted to try her hand at pottery. Find out something she has always wanted to do but never got around to, or something she used to love doing and hasn’t done it for a long time. And go with her to share the moment.
- If she is not close to where you live, why not take part in a charity event like a run, or do some volunteer work then dedicate the day to honour your mother?
- Give her the gift of relaxation. A regular massage is a wonderful way to show her how much you appreciate her and understand how much she does for everyone else. If you give her a gift certificate for a regular massage, then she can enjoy the sweet gesture of Mother’s Day for weeks to come.
I highly recommend giving her a relaxation massage package. It will help her to feel relaxed for hours as she enjoys a calming sense of rejuvenation.
Order your Oceana Massage gift certificate now and surprise your mom with a regular massage gift this year.