Whether we like it or not, toxins are part of our lives. Many are out of our control, from the air we breathe to the water to the soil that grows the food we eat. So should we just accept that they are a way of life? How dangerous are toxins anyway… plenty, according to a study by the Columbia University School of Public Health. It reports that 95% of cancer is caused by diet and environmental toxicity!
This is a big topic so today I want to tell you a little about common toxins and symptoms to look out for that may indicate your body is dealing with toxic overload.
Common toxins that you can avoid:
- Gasoline pumps. As you stand there pumping fuel, you are also inhaling gas fumes.
- Mercury tooth fillings. If you still have these, ask your dentist to replace them.
- Natural make-up. Read the ingredients and if you can’t eat it, then you shouldn’t apply it on your skin.
- Plastic water bottles. Avoid drinking from plastic bottles as they can contain BPA.
- Prescription medications. Talk to your pharmacist to make sure you are taking the right dose in the right way and not taking other medications or supplements that can give you side effects.
These are just a handful of things to think about in your daily life. Many of my clients come in complaining of the same types of symptoms, which are linked to toxins. We focus on Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) massage to help remove toxins from the body as well as reduces cellulite.
Some common complaints of toxic build-up to watch out for include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Body odor
- Food sensitivities
- Gastrointestinal (poor digestion, constipation, ulcers, etc.)
- Skin issues like acne, eczema and psoriasis
- Memory loss, mood changes and foggy thinking
At Oceana Massage, we specialize in Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage. MLD has many benefits to combat toxins in the body. It can also encourage weight loss and boost your immune system to help fight off lethargy and disease. What is it?
MLD is a method of massage that uses gentle rhythmic strokes toward your lymph nodes. This MLD method helps your body clear out the trapped waste and rid your body of excess fluid. It is a very relaxing type of massage that will leave you feeling very refreshed! If you are feeling toxic, make an appointment today for an MLD massage.